How To Repair Carpet Damage By Pets?
It is often risky to have carpets and pets at the same time. Because there are high chances of pets ruining your carpets. To avoid this, you need to take preventive measures that will help you in conserving your expensive carpets. But what if the damage is already done, how to repair carpet damage by pets? Using certain tools you can either do it by yourself or get it done by professionals. If you instead think about discarding the carpet, then you are thinking in the wrong way. Humans’ love for their pets is eternal, hence the damage that comes from these pets is inevitable. But by following certain measures you can prevent the damage. There are also ways using which you can fix the damage to your carpets.
This article helps you in understanding the various ways to repair the carpet damages that are caused by pets. Irrespective of the carpet damage type, the following are some of the best ways to repair them.
What Damages Can Pets Cause To Your Carpets?
Though pets are loving and helpful in several ways, they can sometimes cause chaos that leads to damage. One such thing is carpet damage, which might be due to aggression or any other reason. As a result, they hop on things while chewing certain objects, the most commonly affected one is the carpet. Therefore it is important to address this issue, and one should know how to repair carpet damage by pets. The following are certain things and activities of the pets that can cause damage to your carpets:
- Chewing and biting of carpets
- Peeing on the carpets
- Paw prints and paw dirt
- Pets’ fur on the carpets
How To Fix The Carpet Damage?
Pet damage can sometimes be very annoying and fixing it requires skill and expertise. If you want to try it on your own to fix the carpet damage, here is how to repair carpet damage by pets! This requires certain tools and resources that you might end up not having at home. In such cases, you can either purchase these tools or can also rent them from the local stores. This requires a set of objects that comes in extremely handy. Therefore, make sure you have your hands on them:
- Measuring tape
- Sewing shears
- Cutter box
- Utility knife
- Steam iron box
- Tapes for carpet seaming
- Adhesives (waterproof)
Note: You don’t have to have them all, as only certain objects are required for a specific type of carpet damage repair. Therefore, you need to make sure that you have the necessary tools for repairing the type of carpet damage that you are trying to fix.
- Trimming Down The Loose Ends: If most of the carpet ends are worn out, you should consider trimming them down. This can be even fixed by sewing shears. With the help of these, you need to trim down the loose ends and threads. After doing this, you can observe a noticeable difference. For this specific damage, you need to do this with utmost perfection.
- Fix Carpet Seam Repair: The seam is the place or point where two carpet pieces are joined. The pets do mess it up in certain cases. During this time, you need to root to repair the seam damages using the carpet adhesive tapes. The tape is placed along the seam line, to ensure that the seam is perfect.
Once you plan the seam, you need to then steam iron it. Using the right temperatures, you need to iron it without exceeding the temperature mentioned on the labels. Upon exposure to heat, the adhesive tape melts down and aids in joining the ends. For better results, you can even place heavy objects in the repairing area. This will result in better adhesion and give you seamless results.
- You Need To Replace The Worn-Out Carpet Fibers With Some New Ones: Pets play a lot on the carpets which leads to wear out of it. As a result, the carpets tend to look dull and old. For fixing this, you need to cut certain pieces from the carpet that are of equal size. Make sure to cut the pieces from low-key places like the carpet underneath tables, closets or beds. Using a box cutter you need to get the carpet pieces of desired sizes. After attaining the carpet pieces, you need to place them in the area you need to repair. Then the waterproof adhesive should be laid for attaching these pieces.
- Fixing The Holes Due To Pets In Carpets: Since chewing is their natural habit. They often tend to chew random objects. This includes the carpet, be it due to hyperactivity or because of anxiety, they try to show it out. This then leads to holes in the carpet, for fixing which you need to sew it.
Pets can sometimes be rough and playful on the carpets. Be it intentional or unintentional damage, you need to fix it right away! Because delaying this can make it even worse and can lead to permanent and irreversible damage. But if you don’t know how to repair carpet damage by pets, you need to seek expert help. If you want to make major changes, you can seek professional services, since they are proficient in what they do. In case you are looking for DIYs, make sure you do it with extreme care and precision. Because any changes or imperfections in the carpets can alter the entire look of it. Also making sure to use the appropriate tools for fixing and mending the carpets is very important.
By following these methods and techniques, one can repair the carpets without hassle. Though repairing requires skills, it doesn’t necessarily mean professional ones. With practice, you will be able to repair your carpets without any imperfections. Also, you can hire our experts for carpet repair in Melbourne at an affordable cost.